Sunday, January 25, 2009

LOST

We had a little party last night to watch the season premiere of LOST. I am a huge LOST fan, thanks to our friends A and J, who loaned me season one on DVD last Christmas. Since then I have watched the rest of the seasons and was caught up and ready for season five to start last week. And actually, my roommate Kim and I stayed up on Wednesday night for the very first, 12:30am premiere (and didn't discover until 1:30am that it was a two hour premiere!).

So at our party, I served pulled pork (in honor of Locke), stir-fried veggies and rice (in honor of Jin and Sun), peanut sauce (Claire's pregnancy craving for peanut butter) and...poppyseed muffins (for Charlie). I think a good time was had by all. At least, I really enjoyed having everyone over and swapping theories. We think we know who Faraday's mom is. But that's all I'm gonna say about that.

My favorite quote from last night...

"Maybe if you ate more comfort food, you wouldn't have to go around killing people all the time." -- Hurley

1 comment:

leah said...

I also thought it was a good episode. Looks like this week's will be pre-empted again by basketball (don't tell me you'll stay up late this week too???)

My mom related various spiritual parallels with this... For example, the Oceanic 6 just want to get back to the island. Those who stayed on the island are waiting for things to get better & don't know how that will happen. Little do they know that circumstances are already in place to get the oceanic 6 back... and although there are unique challenges and roadblocks (i.e. Hurley's arrest), we know that they will prevail, somehow.

:)